I’m not usually one for New Year’s Resolutions. I figure, if you can’t resolve to do something any other day of the year, what difference does January 1 make? That said, this year, the New Year has coincided with some changes I’d like to make in my life. Before writing those resolutions, though, I thought I’d stop and reflect on 10 things I’m thankful for in 2013. Some are profound. Some are a bit silly. So without further ado, here they are (in no particular order).
1) My new boots. I live in a snowy, cold city with lots of walking required. Boots are a must. This December, my husband was able to score 3 pairs of LL Bean boots for $21. Yup. My feet are very warm and blessed.
2) My new nephew. Normally, my nephew would rank higher than shoes, but, as I said, this is in no particular order!
3) My Apartment. Beautiful old brick building. Beautiful arched windows. A handsome husband to share it with. Need I say more?
4) My cat. Until this June, I’d been catless since college. As a lifelong cat owner, this was torture.
5) Happy Best Friends. In September, one of my best friends got married. The other one got engaged on Christmas Eve. She’s marrying one of my brother’s closest friends.
6) The view from my living room window. It’s the little things, right?
7) The view from my bedroom window after a fresh snow. Sadly, I don’t have a picture of this, but I love looking over snow covered roofs toward that little hint of restless blue which is the Back Bay.
8) My dear, sweet, handsome husband. It would take more space than I have to even try to encompass how thankful I am for this man. Instead of boring you with sappiness, though, I’ll just leave it at that.
9) My family. I’m thankful that the hubby and I both have close, loyal, and ever-growing families.
10) My faith. I serve a risen Savior. For that, I am most thankful.
What about you? What have you learned to be more thankful for in 2013?